Friday, December 5, 2008

Serving sizes

You may have noticed that I haven't put any serving sizes on the posts yet. I may start doing that, but I really hate those serving sizes. The typical serving doesn't feed one person, at least one normal hungry person. The serving sizes are usually what I would expect to see in a concentration camp, not on my table..no offense to dictators who may be reading this. I usually eat at least two servings, and I am not a large person, and I am not overweight. The serving sizes seem to be more for the benefit of the manufacturers these days, not what a real person actually eats. As prices go up, serving sizes get smaller. I may have to start my own serving size nomenclature. Two recipe servings = one redneck serving, or something like that. I am not running a French restaurant where the food is about enough to feed a bird. They must think their customers are like veal who never move from a box and don't burn any calories. I want to eat like somebody who actually works for a living and leads an active lifestyle. As I post recipes, I will post how many real people it actually feeds. Enough about that. Now I just have to figure out what I will cook tomorrow. Maybe meatloaf, maybe spaghetti, maybe chile..hmmm. Stay tuned.

No comments: