Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sloppy Joes


Sloppy Joes are one meal that I absolutely love and fortunately are really easy to make. I have made them a couple of times and my wife loves them too. They take us back to when we were kids. All you need for Sloppy Joes are a pound of ground beef, the sloppy joe mix you get at any grocery store(it comes in a can and is usually next to the chile cans), and buns. All you have to do is brown the pound of ground beef(put it in the pan and cook it through, and drain off the fat). Once the ground beef is browned, add the sloppy joe mix, and let it simmer for a few minutes(a little above low heat and let it hiss a little) five is fine. That way the mix melds into the beef and gives it the sloppy joe flavor we are looking for. Then just serve it onto the bun and you are golden. I need a side dish to go with it, and I tried tater crowns last week. They were easy and delicious. They are the same thing as tater tots but round and flat, as opposed to tots, that are more like cylinders. Both are great but the tots have to be turned half way through and the crowns don't. All I had to do was put them on the cookie sheet and cook them for 15 minutes. No problem. The only hitch was timing the whole deal. I had to preheat the oven and put the crowns in and then start the sloppy joes when the crowns had about 10 minutes left. That gave me enough time to brown the meat and simmer the mix. Then they were both ready at about the same time. If you suck at cooking too, then this meal is a no brainer.

No comments: