Saturday, November 29, 2008

I suck at Cooking


This blog is about the fact that I suck at cooking, and am trying to learn how to cook. I would really like to be good at cooking because I love to eat good things, but I just can't make them. I have a stack of cookbooks at home and I read them and little makes much sense. I don't understand a lot of the terminology they use, and I never seem to have the ingredients that are needed. The books tell me to "blanch" something and I don't have the slightest idea what that means and they never explain it. The books always assume their readers are expert cooks who know how to do everything and they just need to give you the receipe. That's fine for my mom, who does know how to cook, but not fine for me. I have even scoured the library looking for books to help rookies learn how to cook. There are precious few of them. I did find one useful one which I will talk about that actually tells you how to do basic things. That book helped me get my cooking career started. This blog will be about the things I have learned to cook and about the things I am trying to learn to cook so the reader can learn with me, and perhaps offer me some advice on how to do it better.

No comments: